Submission Deadline: 2/26/2017
OPEN CALL FOR ARTIST SUBMISSIONS
KAI LIN ART is having an open call for artists in the Southeast and beyond to participate in their Second Annual Juried Works on Paper exhibition, THE NEW SOUTH II. The exhibition’s aim is to bring attention to the artistic dialogue currently happening in the Contemporary South and to celebrate the largely versatile and exciting medium of paper. This competition is open to both established and emerging artists who have lived or worked in the Southeast. Please submit your artwork and application form before February 26, 2017 for your work to be considered. Read below for more information on how you can apply.
Cash awards + prizes
ENTRY DEADLINE February 26, 2017 @11:59 pm
NOTIFICATIONS SENT March 20, 2017
ARTWORK DELIVERY April 11 – 14, 2017
EXHIBITION DATES April 21 – June 2, 2017
OPENING RECEPTION April 21, 2017 I 7-10 pm
ENTRY FEE: $ 30
Michael White, Director of Ernest G. Welsh School of Art & Design, Georgia State University
Veronica Kessenich, Executive Director, Atlanta Contemporary
- All Artwork must include paper in some form and created by the artist within the last 5 years.
- Mixed Media and Photography welcome.
- Artists under the age of 18 must have signed parental consent.
- Artwork must not exceed 40 inches in any direction, including framing.
- Submitting Artists must have lived or worked in the Southeastern Region, USA.
- Artists may submit up to five (5) images for the $30 application fee, with $5 for each additional artwork.
- All submissions must be made online to TheNewSouth@kailinart.com.
- Include “TNS Submission” in the Subject Box.
- Attach completed Application Form to the submission email.
- Attach images directly to the email, do not send links as a way to view works.
- Images must be HIGH QUALITY JPEG format between 1MB – 2MB, 300DPI, 1,500 pixels wide.
- Title images “ARTIST LAST NAME_FIRST NAME_TITLE_MEDIUM_DIMENSIONS (in inches)”
- Images must be in full color (no gray scale please).
- Please do not send any detail or installation shots.
- Submissions will not be reviewed until Payment and Application Form are received.
- Entry fee must be paid by VENMO (@kailinart) or U.S. check made payable to KAI LIN ART.
KAI LIN ART
999 Brady Avenue NW Suite 7
Atlanta, Georgia 30318
- Acceptance emails will be sent out March 20, 2017.
- All work must arrive professionally framed, wired, and ready to hang.
- Any work that significantly differs from the entry images or has faulty hardware will be disqualified.
- KAI LIN ART has the right to refuse any work that does not meet the presentation standards of the gallery.
- By submitting artwork, the artist agrees that images of selected work and submitted text can be used for any publications or promotional tools pertaining to The New South II exhibition.
- Artists are responsible for transportation/delivery of artwork to and from the gallery.
- All artwork must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
- All artwork must be received installation ready at KAI LIN ART between April 11 – 14, 2017 I between 12 – 5 pm.
- Artwork must be hand delivered or shipped via common carrier by the artist.
- All shipping and insurance costs are the expense of the artist. If artwork is sent via mail carrier, a return shipping label must be arranged by the artist.
- Each artwork must have a card attached to the back with the following information: Artist Name, Title, Size, Medium, Value (Retail Price)
Best In Show, 2 Honorable Mentions, Best Technical Merit
SALES: All submitted artwork must be for sale.
Please direct all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org